There is nothing more comforting than a bowl of soup. No matter what time of the year. It’s healthy, detoxifying and DELICIOUS. The canned versions can be great when you’re in an absolute RUSH. But if you have ten to twenty minutes to spare, why not make some homemade soup! It’s super easy, really cheap, and ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. I make this soup in roughly 1-2 serving amounts, but it is so super easy to double, triple quadruple…whatever you want more! I just prefer it freshly made. It’s a personal choice you make when cooking right?.
With all the delicious elements needed for a filling meal. This Quick & Easy Veggie Kale Soup Recipe gives you tons of nutrients, not to mention it is easily done on the CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. See here in Canada (hopefully, in America you have the same) we have our Walmart’s starting/stopping food waste by having $1/$2 trolleys that get filled with produce. They shove those bags full, and really there is nothing wrong with the product at all. So I get HUGE bags of kale, green onions, and so many other things (have you heard of the time I got over 50 avocado’s, cauliflower and more for about 5-8$? That was so amazing!) that save us a boat load of money. We do this at many stores, and rarely buy full price!
Quick & Easy Veggie Kale Soup Recipe
So at 2 full servings, this Quick & Easy Veggie Kale Soup Recipe only costs a total of 60-80 CENTS….This is honestly the cheapest meal EVER! You can put more in, but I honestly love the simplicity of it and all of its flavors.
- 2 CUPS Kale
- 1 CUP Chopped Green Onions
- 2 1/2 CUPS Chickpeas
- 1/4 CUP Parsley
- 1/4 CUP Bob's Red Mill Large Flake Yeast
- 1 Carrot (diced)
- 1 Knorr Vegetable bouillon Cube
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Water (based on your bouillon cubes directions
- Soften diced carrot in a few tbsp of water (feel free to add more water if/when needed)
- Add kale and continue to saute in water
- Add salt (if desired) and Knorr bouillon cube
- Pour in 1-2 cups of water (I like to go a little less than what is recommended on the package. It gives a stronger flavour)
- Add parsley and chickpeas and continue to cook over medium heat
- Once everything comes to a simmer, turn off burner and stir in Bobs RedMills Nutritional Yeast
- Add in the green onions at the last minute for a delicious crunch and flavour
It’s honestly THAT simple. I have had this on my stove nearly every day for about a week or so. I can’t get enough of it! It’s so incredibly hearty and delicious. Sometimes I have it for lunch, and then think about it all day, and question whether or not to make it for dinner!? I admit though, I do get a bit obsessive when I find a delicious and healthy meal to make!