This is a simple quick and fresh dish. It takes very little time to prepare and can be easily used in meal prepping to give an option of fresh taste to each meal.
- 1 Cup CousCous
- 400mL Water
- 1 Bell pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 Bunch Parsley (Optional)
- 1 Tomato
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Dice the onion and bell pepper finely and saute in a bit of olive oil for 5 min
- In the same pan, place 1 cup of couscous and 400mL of water.
- Place lid on and let cook on med heat until the water has cooked the couscous and is completely absorbed.
- Dice remaining vegetables, and place in a large bowl
- Mix in the couscous, olive oil, and lemon juice to preferential taste (if you wish to salt and pepper the dish you can at this point.)
- At this point, you can eat it warm or place it in the fridge to get cold (I prefer it cold personally)
- Before serving chop up some parsley (completely optional) and mix half through and place the other half on top as decoration
You will NOT be sorry with this fresh summer couscous salad. It is everything simple and delicious that summer deserves. It’s also great after sitting in the fridge as well. So make it ahead of time and wow the family or the crowded BBQ. This recipe has yet to disappoint anyone I have ever fed it to. Which is why I am sharing it with you!
Shop all of my personal favorite brands needed for this recipe down below. I have used many different brands, however, these are my tried and true favorites.